The Counseling Center provides confidential, free counseling services for enrolled Tougaloo College students. Walk-in consultations and individual and group counseling services are available. The mission of the Office of Counseling Services is to assist students in the transitioning from high school to college and to provide services that address their mental, social, and personal needs in order to ensure a successful college matriculation. The Director of Counseling Services helps the individual identify his/her issues or problems, aids in setting goals to overcome the problem, and lends support as the goals are reached and changes are made.
Other Counseling Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Mississippi Department of Mental Health Hotline: 1-877-210-8513
- CONTACT Crisis/Suicide Line: 601-713-4357 or 866-322-9832 (Spanish)
Physical & Sexual Abuse
- Mississippi Coalition Against Sexual Assault: 888-987-9011
- Child Abuse Hotline (MS Dept. of Human Services): 1-800-222-8000 or 601-432-4570
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE(4673)
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence: 1-800-799-SAFE(7233)
Alcohol & Drug Abuse
- National Alcohol and Drug Abuse Helpline: 1-800-821-4357
- Mississippi Tobacco Quitline: 1-800-QUITNOW or 1-800-784-8669
Rosie Harper, Ph.D.
Director of Counseling Services