Science, Language Arts and Mathematics (SLAM) Workshops
SLAM Workshop I (for students who will have completed 9th grade by June 2020). July 2020
SLAM Workshop II (for students who will have completed 10th grade by June 2020). June 2020
SLAM Workshop III (for students who will have completed 11th grade by June 2020). June 2020
Goals of the SLAM Workshops:
- Enhance participants’ language arts, mathematics and science skills
- Improve participants’ reading and test taking skills
- Teach students about the Jackson Heart Study
- Educate students about health issues that affect African Americans
- Provide information about career opportunities in the health sciences
Structure of the workshops:
- All workshop sessions include classes in reading enhancement.
- Classes are taught by experienced teachers.
- Classes are held Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM.
- HOUSING AND LUNCH WILL NOT BE PROVIDED.
- Overall Grade Point Average
- Courses taken
- Standardized test scores
- Recommendation letters
- Quality of essay submitted with application
Jackson Heart Study Undergraduate Training and Education Center (JHS UTEC)
500 W. County Line Road
Tougaloo, MS 39174