*June 4 to June 28, 2018
Application Deadline May 18, 2018
* Application deadline is now closed. Please visit this section in March 2019 for updated information.
Professional Learning Communities@ Tougaloo College Offers a Four-Week Summer Program for Educators Seeking Mississippi Educator Licensure:
- Applicants are required to:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (non-education) from a regionally/nationally accredited institution of higher learning.
- At least a 2.75 GPA or higher on coursework.
- Not be enrolled in a MAT program at any other institution of higher learning.
- Upon completion of program, educators will be:
- Prepared to take the PRAXIS Core (Reading, Writing and Mathematics)
- Reimbursed for PRAXIS Core after Enrollment in Tougaloo College’s MAT Program
- Prepared to take PRAXIS II Specialty Area Test (Elementary Education 4-6, Special Education, Mathematics, Science, English)This assessment will not be reimbursed.
- Classes will be Monday – Thursday (10:00 AM – 4:00 PM). Daily attendance is required.
- Limited Seats. Apply early BELOW.
This Professional Learning Community is designed to prepare non-education degree holding educators to take the CORE Assessment and Praxis II Specialty Area Test, which is a requirement for entering Tougaloo’s Master of Arts in Teaching Program. You can expect quality instruction in a small group setting from highly qualified professionals. The Division of Education, Supervision & Instruction is dedicated to developing reflective, integrated and connected educators committed to teaching and learning.
For more information, please contact:
Trashonda Dixon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Dr. Thea Williams-Black (email@example.com)
Teachers Helping Teachers
Division of Education, Supervision & Instruction
500 West County Line Rd.
Tougaloo, MS 39174